Snap Count Analysis

Snap Count Analysis | Which Jets Played the Most in Win Over Bengals?

4 O-Linemen on Offense; C.J. Mosley, Marcus Maye on Defense Logged Most Playing Time vs. Cincinnati 

snap-count-bengals-SZ1_0338

The Jets beat the Bengals, 34-31, at MetLife Stadium on Sunday, moving to 2-5. Here's a look at the snap count and how playing time was distributed.

OFFENSE
Four Jets played all 84 snaps Sunday -- LG Alijah Vera-Tucker, C Connor McGovern, RG Greg Van Roten and RT Morgan Moses. LT George Fant took 31 snaps (37%) before exiting with an ankle injury and Chuma Edoga took the remaining 53 snaps (63%).

QB Mike White, who threw for 405 yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs in his first NFL start, played 79 snaps (94%) after he briefly went down with an injury. Josh Johnson took 5 snaps (6%) in his place.

Michael Carter led the RBs with 59 snaps (70%) and led the team in receptions, receiving yards and rushing yards. He had 9 catches for 95 yards and 77 yards on the ground. Ty Johnson took 24 snaps (29%) and the group was rounded out by La'Mical Perine 6 (7%).

With Corey Davis out of the lineup, Denzel Mims led the WRs with 59 snaps (70%) followed by Keelan Cole 55 (65%), Jamison Crowder 51 (61%) and Elijah Moore 30 (36%). Braxton Berrios, who had a TD reception, and Jeff Smith each took 20 snaps (24%).

Tyler Kroft was back in the lineup after missing the last two games with a back injury and led the tight ends with 51 snaps (61%) followed by Ryan Griffin 41 (49%) and Dan Brown 3 (4%).

DEFENSE
LB C.J. Mosley, who led the team with 10 tackles after his one-game hiatus because of a hamstring injury, and S Marcus Maye were the only two defenders to take all 56 snaps (100%). S Ashtyn Davis and both starting CBs -- Bryce Hall and Brandin Echols -- took 55 snaps (98%). Nickel corner Michael Carter II 52 (93%) was the only other defender to appear in more than 50 snaps.

John Franklin-Myers led the defensive line 42 (75%) followed by Shaq Lawson 37 (66%), who had the first interception of the season for the Jets defense. Quinnen Williams and Sheldon Rankins both had sacks and each took 33 snaps (59%). Folorunso Fatukasi 32 (57%) was next followed by Jabari Zuniga 21 (38%), who had his first career sack in his first game this season, Nathan Shepherd 16 (29%) and Tim Ward 12 (21%).

Following Mosley, Jarrad Davis 38 (68%) led the linebackers in his first game as a member of the Green & White after a preseason ankle injury sidelined him the first six games of the season. Quincy Williams 14 (25%) was next and Del'Shawn Phillips 3 (5%) rounded out the group.

Javelin Guidry 6 (11%) was the only other DB who received playing time on defense other than Echols, Hall and Carter.

eagles-game-19x9

SPECIAL TEAMS
Justin Hardee, Brown and Phillips all led the unit with 21 snaps (75%) followed by Sharrod Neasman, Noah Dawkins and Carter II, who all appeared in 16 plays (57%). Thomas Morstead had one punt for 45 yards and K Matt Ammendola made one of his two field goals and both of his extra point attempts.

See Best Images from the Game at MetLife Stadium

Related Content

Advertising