EFFECTIVE DATE: February 3, 2015
UPDATED: March 27, 2020
- Information Collected by the New York Jets
- How the New York Jets May Use Collected Information
- How Collected Information May be Shared with Third Parties
- Suspicious Email
- Social Networking Services
- Mobile Application
- Cookies, Similar Technologies, and Advertising
- Links To Other Web Sites
- Protection of Children's Online Privacy
- Your California Privacy Rights
- International Users
- Dispute Resolution
- Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services
- Contact Us
1. Information Collected by the New York Jets
We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Services, sign up for contests or sweepstakes, use a forward-to-a-friend feature, participate in surveys, access various content or features, submit comments or content, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number;
- Unique identifiers, such as a username or password;
- Demographic information, such as gender;
- Geolocation data;
- Financial information, such as credit card or other payment information;
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Comments and other information posted in our interactive online forums;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
- Your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system and version information;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, local shared objects, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information.
We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Examples of the types of personal information that may be obtained from public sources or purchased from third parties and combined with information we already have about you, may include:
- Your address information about you from third party sources, such as the U.S. Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud.
- Purchased marketing data about our customers from third parties that is combined with information we already have about you, to create more tailored advertising and products.
If you choose to use our referral service ("forward-to-a-friend") to tell a friend about our site or services, we will ask for your friend's name and email address, to send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. How the New York Jets May Use Collected Information
We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you via email, push notifications, and otherwise about your account, products, services, contests, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- Send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
- Maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- Publish stories, comments, photos, and other information posted in our interactive online features;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Services; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
3. How Collected Information May be Shared with Third Parties
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your information with all members of the NFL Family, including, without limitation, NFL Properties LLC, NFL International LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Ventures, Inc, Jets Stadium Development, LLC, and New Meadowlands Stadium Company, LLC (MetLife Stadium).
- Select Business Partners: With your permission, we may share your information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. For example, you may be presented with an opportunity to have certain information shared with our third party business partners when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or elect to receive marketing offers or other information. If you elect to not have your information shared, you will have to opt-out of the sharing in accordance with such contest or sweepstakes. We take measures to help ensure that our partners protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of any information we share with them. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes. Please review the privacy policies of these third parties to familiarize yourself with their practices.
- Third Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: We may use third parties to serve advertisements on the Services. These third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users' online activities over time and across different websites.
- Frames: Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our site. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not the Websites.
- Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
- Other Parties With Your Express or Implied Consent: We may share information with third parties when you consent to such sharing. For example, if you win a contest or sweepstakes, you may be required to consent to allow us to publicly post certain identifying information as a condition to receiving the prize.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations.
The security of all information associated with our Websites users is important to us. We exercise considerable care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers or those of our business partners. We have implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the privacy and security of personal information to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. For example, if we collect financial information, we will use encryption software to help protect this information when it is in transit.
The Internet is not a fully secure environment and we cannot ensure the security of any information transmitted to or generated by us in connection with our Websites. Notwithstanding our operational safeguards, there is no guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach. You play an important role in protecting your information by maintaining up to date computer security protections as well as ensuring the security of your computer passwords or other personal identifier authentication mechanisms. You agree that you are responsible for any additional verification procedures that you deem necessary.
5. Suspicious Email
It is our policy not to email you or send you electronic communication to request non-public personal information or account information (such as username or password). If you receive an unsolicited email or other electronic communication that appears to be from the New York Jets but you suspect may be from another source and might be fraudulent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Social Networking Services
We work with certain third party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you can use third party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. It is important to keep in mind that any information you share is visible to all participants on these platforms and you should never post any sensitive personal information on them (such as your social security number). These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
8. Mobile Application
If you elect to provide such access, we access and/or track location-based information from your mobile device while you are downloading or using our Mobile App or Services to provide you with relevant event related information as well as offers from our partners.
- When you download and use our Mobile App, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and operating system version.
- If you elect to provide such access through your mobile device, we may send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
- We collect your geo-location based information for the purpose of locating a place in the stadium close to where you may be located (for example, food or merchandise vendors or restrooms). We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service. You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level.
- We may use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Services. This software may record information such as how often you use an application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where an application was downloaded from.
9. Cookies, Similar Technologies, and Advertising
- In addition, we allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, beacons, tags, scripts and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
- We may use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity may also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level.
10. Links to Other Web Sites
11. Children's Online Privacy
The Services do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information directly from children under the age of 13. If we are made aware we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), we will delete this information as soon as possible.[AZ1]
This Websites are general audience websites. However, we do collect information about children under thirteen (13) only from parents so that parents may sign their child up for certain services we offer, such as the Gen Jets Kids Club or Junior Flight Crew. The information we may collect is a child's name, date of birth, and the address provided by a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and no longer wish to allow your child to be part of the services or wish to delete all information collected about your child, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will not share your child's personal information with any third party for any promotional purposes. The New York Jets and its affiliates will only use your child's personal information you provide for internal purposes and direct communication. If you feel we have collected personal information from your child directly, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request immediate deletion of that information. You can find more information about the COPPA at https://www.ftc.gov/.
You may choose to receive promotional emails, newsletters, and similar communications from us. You may opt-out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or "unsubscribe" link included in the commercial emails you receive. Please note we respond to your opt-out requests within a reasonable time period. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us, even if you opt-out of receiving unsolicited commercial email messages.
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Services, you may request that we update or remove certain information by signing into your account and making the required changes, by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com, or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time period.
You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing your device settings.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
13. Your California Privacy Rights
14. International Users
16. Dispute Resolution
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge).
17.Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services
We may use third-parties to serve advertisements on the Services. These third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users' online activities over time and across different websites. The Services may feature Nielsen proprietary measurement software, which will allow users to contribute to market research, such as Nielsen TV Ratings. Nielsen believes that you should have a choice about whether to contribute to our research and insights. To opt out of Nielsen measurement, you need only to activate the "Limit Ad Tracking" (for iOS devices) or "Opt out of Ads Personalization" (for Android devices) option in your devices settings. For web, please visit: http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy to learn more about the Nielsen digital measurement products and your choices in regard to them.
18. Contact Us
New York Jets LLC
One Jets Drive
Florham Park, NJ 07932