What can I bring into all New York Jets events?
A carry-in bag policy has been instituted by the NFL for all teams in order to ensure that attendees experience a safe and secure environment. Fans may bring only the following style and size bag, package, or container into the stadium:
- Bags that are CLEAR plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12" in size
- One-gallon clear plastic food storage bag
- Small clutch bag approximately the size of a hand (4.5" x 6.5"), with or without a handle or strap – this can be carried separately or within a clear bag
- Items that are medically necessary, after proper inspection at a specified gate designated for this purpose.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: all purses, bags or containers larger than a small clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, and camera bags; seat cushions are also prohibited.
If you choose to bring these items to the stadium and do not have a place to store them during the game, you can check them at the Bag Check located on the exterior of the stadium between Verizon and SAP Gates or at other designated locations.
To facilitate entry, the Jets encourage all game attendees to bring only what they need to the game. Please note this is a League-wide initiative, so if you are traveling to Jets away games, all stadiums will follow these guidelines.
This policy applies to all New York Jets events, not only those at MetLife Stadium.
Guests are welcome to carry-in the following items:
- Food contained in a clear plastic bag
- Factory-sealed, plastic bottles of water or soft drinks that are 20 oz. or less in size.
- Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6" or less in length
- Jackets or blankets after being patted down or searched
Guests may not carry-in the following items:
- Bottles, cans, hard-sided coolers, thermoses or ice chests
- Alcohol of any kind
- Weapons or anything that can be used as a projectile or is deemed dangerous by Stadium management
- Banners, signs or flags of any size
- Umbrellas, strollers, balls of any kind including full sized footballs, laser pointers, or Frisbees
- Single purpose video cameras or still-photography cameras with a lens longer than 6" (detachable or non-detachable)
- Tripods, monopods or "selfie sticks"
- Any animal with the exception of a service animal
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by Stadium management
- For additional MetLife Stadium policies, please click here.
Where do the Jets play their home games?
The Jets play their home games at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
The official address is:
One MetLife Stadium Drive
East Rutherford, NJ 07073
However, if you cannot locate this address on your GPS, you may use:
102 Route 120
East Rutherford, NJ 07073
How do I get to MetLife Stadium?
Please See, Transportation FAQ.
What is the MetLife Stadium Code of Conduct?
The Jets and MetLife Stadium are committed to providing a memorable gameday experience for all guests. With that goal in mind, we have developed a Guest Code of Conduct which all guests are expected to follow. We ask that all guests assist us in creating an enjoyable and safe environment by:
- Respecting each other as well as our employees
- Consuming alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner
- Refraining from fighting, throwing items or using foul/abusive language or gestures
- Not displaying indecent messages on clothing
- Not creating a disruption to the progress of the event by their actions
- Showing their ticket when requested and only sitting in their ticketed seat
- Following instructions from staff regarding stadium operations and emergency procedures
- Allowing each other to be free to support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players
- Keeping the MetLife Stadium SMOKE-FREE
Guests who choose not to follow the Guest Code of Conduct will be subject to ejection and possible arrest.
MetLife Stadium strives to present a safe, pleasant and family-friendly environment for every guest who visits the stadium. To achieve this goal, the following policies have been established to promote the responsible use of alcohol.
- Any guest who appears to be 40 years of age or younger will be required to provide appropriate proof of age with a valid, government-issued picture identification
- Guests may not possess or purchase more than two (2) alcoholic beverages at a time of which sizes may not exceed 20 ounces each for beer and 6.5 ounces each for wine
- All concession stands and portable units will stop serving alcohol at the beginning of the third quarter. For non-football events, alcohol cut-off times will be determined by the MetLife Stadium Company management.
- Alcohol of any kind may not be brought into or removed from the stadium
- Any guest who is determined to be deliberately concealing alcohol while entering the stadium will not be permitted to enter the building
- A person exhibiting visible signs of impairment will not be permitted into the stadium
- Any guest who exhibits behavior that distracts, inconveniences or otherwise interferes with another guest's enjoyment of the event may be removed from the stadium
- Alcohol will not be served to any underage person or visibly impaired guest
- Alcohol beverage sales may be curtailed or prohibited at the discretion of management
Is there an Alcohol Free Section of the Stadium?
Please see, Ticket FAQ
To ensure the highest level of safety and security, all guests will be subject to a courteous screening by Safety Services team members prior to entering the Stadium. All vehicles are subject to inspection prior to entering the MetLife Sports Complex and all bags will be inspected prior to entering the Stadium. Ticket holders who refuse to allow their vehicles to be inspected will be denied entry into the Sports Complex and those who refuse to be screened or have their bags inspected will be denied entry into the Stadium. By having a ticket, the ticket holder consents to such inspections and waives any and all related claims against MetLife Stadium and the New York Football Giants. Alcohol, weapons, or any items that the Safety Services team deems dangerous will be confiscated. Illegal items will be turned over to the New Jersey State Police.
Parking Lot Guidelines
Parking lot guidelines have been established in order to create a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests. All vehicles and bags that enter the MetLife Sports Complex property and MetLife Stadium may be subject to a visual search.
- 1 VEHICLE = 1 SPACE: All tailgating items must be set up in front of or behind one vehicle. Roadways and additional spaces are to remain clear for fellow guests and emergency vehicles.
- TAILGATING: While tailgating is permitted in designated locations at specified times, any unauthorized commercial activity is strictly prohibited and is a violation of the law. Individuals and companies are prohibited from selling access to a tailgate party to members of the general public either in advance of or on the day of an event.
- ALCOHOL GUIDELINES: All New Jersey alcohol consumption and distribution laws will be strictly enforced by New Jersey State Police and MetLife Stadium Staff.
- CHARTER BUSES: Charter bus parking is located in Lot L.
- COOKING / USE OF GRILLS: We ask that all guests safely set-up, operate and extinguish all cooking and grilling materials. Please extinguish and dispose of all cooking and grilling materials. Hot coals are to be disposed of in hot coal containers which are located at the perimeter of parking lots. The use of grills is NOT PERMITED on any level of the IZOD Center parking deck.
- RV's / LARGE VEHICLES: Will not be permitted to park in the IZOD Center parking decks.
- TICKET RESALE: Ticket reselling is not authorized on MetLife Sports Complex property. Be aware that tickets purchased from sources other than MetLife Stadium, Giant, Jets or an authorized ticket outlet may be counterfeit and may not be accepted. This includes the reselling of parking permits on the roadways leading into the MetLife Sports Complex
- VENDING / SOLICITATION: Unauthorized soliciting or the collection of contributions, vending, distribution of flyers, or other materials is not permitted.
- WASTE: Please dispose of all waste materials in the proper trash, recycling, and hot coal containers. Violating parking lot guidelines may result in ejection from the MetLife Sports Complex property, arrest and the revocation of tickets and parking passes. Please call 201-559-1515 or text 78247 and type "JETS" with any questions.
When do the parking lots close on gamedays at MetLife Stadium?
Parking lots close two hours after the end of the game.
Does MetLife Stadium offer tours?
Yes, the MetLife Stadium offers regularly scheduled tours. Please visit MetLife Stadium Tours Page for more information.
Are children required to have a ticket for Jets games?
Children up to 34" inches in height may enter MetLife Stadium free of charge but must share a seat with an accompanying ticketed adult for all New York Jets football games and non-NFL events.
Can I request a personalized in-game videoboard message?
Unfortunately, due to the volume of requests and limited scoreboard opportunities, we do not accept in-game scoreboard message requests.
What is the policy on footballs at MetLife Stadium?
Footballs are not permitted into the stadium on gameday or at any other stadium event. If an official team football enters the seating area from the field at any point while gates are open, it must be returned to the field of play. A Guest Services representative will record the guests information who retreived the ball and the Jets will follw up with the guest the week after the game.
What is the text messaging system?
A text messaging system is in place to enable fans to anonymously notify stadium security of any incidents while they are in the stadium. The team works closely with MetLife Stadium team members to respond to complaints of improper fan behavior. MetLife Stadium is proactively monitoring and issuing warnings. Bad behavior will not be tolerated.
To text: Open a blank text message and address the message to 78247. Type the word JETS followed by a space, the issue and the location.
Guests are encouraged to provide feedback about their experience and can do so via our feedback form.
What will happen to someone who is ejected from a game?
Any Jets season ticket holder who is ejected from a game will have his/her season tickets revoked. If a non-season ticket holder is ejected, the ticket holder of record will be warned by letter of the incident and informed that a second ejection will lead to the revocation of his/her season tickets. If a fan uses TicketExchange to purchase tickets, he/she is required to agree to the Fan Code of Conduct before being allowed to purchase the tickets.
Can I tailgate?
Please see, Parking FAQ