Snap Count Analysis

Snap Count Analysis | How Many Jets Rookies Played Against the Dolphins?

3 Rookies on Offense; 3 on Defense and 3 on Special Teams in Loss to Miami 

snap-count-dolphins-E_SZ2_0699

The Jets lost to the Dolphins, 24-17, Sunday at MetLife Stadium, falling to 2-8. Here's a look at the Jets snap counts and how playing time was distributed as nine rookies saw playing time.

OFFENSE
Five Jets played all 60 snaps on offense – LT George Fant, LG Alijah Vera-Tucker, C Connor McGovern, RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, who made his first start with the Green & White, and QB Joe Flacco, who started his first game this season. RT Morgan Moses played 52 snaps (87%) and Conor McDermott played the other 8 (13%).

Corey Davis 56 (93%) led the wide receivers, followed by rookie Elijah Moore 48 (80%), who had a career-high 8 receptions for 141 yards and 1 TD. Jamison Crowder was next with 41 (68%) followed by Keelan Cole 13 (22%), Braxton Berrios 10 (17%) and Jeff Smith 1 (2%).

Michael Carter, Tevin Coleman and Ty Johnson each took 20 snaps (33%) and Carter led the running backs with 63 yards rushing on 9 carries before exiting with an ankle injury.

Ryan Griffin 47 (78%) led the tight ends followed by Trevon Wesco 14 (23%). FB Nick Bawden, who was called up from the practice squad for Sunday's game, took 8 snaps (13%) and had a career-long 20-yard reception.

DEFENSE
Three Jets played 71 snaps on defense – S Ashtyn Davis, who recorded his first career interception, and CBs Bryce Hall and Isaiah Dunn.

Michael Carter II 66 (92%) was the only other player to play more than 65 snaps. Jason Pinnock 7 (10%) and Javelin Guidry 5 (7%) rounded out the play time for the cornerbacks.

At safety, Elijah Riley made his first career start and took 64 snaps (89%). Sharrod Neasman 1 (1%) was the third safety to see action.

LB Quincy Williams, who returned to the starting lineup, led the team with 15 tackles and led the linebackers with 63 snaps (88%). C.J. Mosley took 59 snaps (82%) before exiting with a head injury. Del'Shawn Phillips 15 (21%) took Mosley's place in the lineup and Jarrad Davis 9 (12%) was the only other linebacker to take snaps on defense.

John Franklin-Myers led the defensive linemen with 46 snaps (64%) followed by DTs Quinnen Williams and Sheldon Rankins, who each took 44 snaps (61%). Ronnie Blair, who was elevated from the practice squad for Sunday's game, and Shaq Lawson each took 35 snaps (49%) followed by Folorunso Fatukasi 30 (42%), Nathan Shepherd 28 (39%) and Kyle Phillips 28 (39%), who made his season debut. Phillips was activated off the physically unable to perform list last week.

See Best Images from the Game at MetLife Stadium

SPECIAL TEAMS
Justin Hardee led the special teams unit with 22 snaps (79%) followed by D. Phillips 21 (75%), J. Davis and LB Hamsah Nasirildeen, who each took 19 snaps (68%). Braden Mann had four punts and pinned the Dolphins inside their 20-yard line on three of them. Matt Ammendola missed a pair of field goals before making one in the fourth quarter to cut Miami's lead, 24-17. He also connected on two extra points. Kenny Yeaboah was the only other rookie to see playing time and took 13 snaps (46%).

Related Content

Advertising