15 Marshall, #25 Pryor, #29 Powell, #92 Williams
Forté From Far Out:
- In the first quarter, RB Matt Forte broke free on a 31-yard rushing touchdown to give the Jets a 10-7 lead. It marked the 52nd rushing touchdown of Forte's career and his eighth total touchdown this season.
- Fortéhas recorded a rushing touchdown in three consecutive games for the first time since entering the league in 2008 (10/5 – 10/19). The 31-yard scamper was his longest run of the season before he registered a 32-yard rush in the second quarter. The carry moved Fortéinto sole possession of 34th place on the all-time rushing yards list. Forté now has 9,236 career rushing yards.
- Fortéfinished the first half with seven carries for 73 yards and one touchdown. It marked the 12th time in his career that he's recorded 73-or-more rushing yards in the first half of a game and the first time since Week 1 of the 2015 season.
- Fortéfinished the game with 12 carries for 92 yards and 1 touchdown.
- Through nine games, Fortécurrently* *ranks fourth in the NFL in rushing touchdowns (7) and third in the AFC.
Marshall Climbs the Ladder:**
- With six receptions, Marshall surpassed Torry Holt for 19th on the all-time receptions list. Marshall broke Holt's career reception total in the second quarter.
- In the first quarter, Marshall passed former Jets wide receiver Don Maynard for 26th on the all-time receiving yards list. Marshallnow has 11,858 receiving yards for his career and remains just 46 yards shy of tying Michael Irvin for 25th all-time.
- In his past four games against divisional opponents, Marshall has recorded 518 yards (129.5 per game) and 5 touchdowns.
- WR Brandon Marshall extended his streak of consecutive games with a catch to 153 with a 15-yard reception in the first quarter. It is currently the second-longest active streak in the NFL (Larry Fitzgerald – ARZ).
Jalin Jets to the Endzone:**
- Rookie WR Jalin Marshallhauled in an 18-yard touchdown pass with under six minutes remaining in the fourth quarter to give the Jets a 23-20 lead. It marked the first touchdown of Marshall's career. He would finish the game with a career-high 59 receiving yards on 3 receptions.
Opening Drive Success:
- The Jets scored on their opening offensive possession for the fifth time this season on a 13-play, 65-yard drive that was capped off by a 23-yard field goal by K Nick Folk.
Top Images from the Week 9 Matchup in Miami
- The Jets defense held Ryan Tannenhill to 149 yards and one touchdown on 17-of-28 passing. Only five other teams in the NFL have limited opposing passing attacks to 175-or-fewer yards during a road contest this season.
Mauldin and Martin Make Their Mark:
- In the waning moments of the second quarter, LBs Lorenzo Mauldin and Josh Martin combined to bring down Ryan Tannenhill for a loss of 12 yards to end the first half after Miami crossed midfield. The half-sack brought Mauldin's season total to 2.0. Meanwhile, it marked the first half-sack of Martin's career.