The start of the 2007 football season marks an unprecedented expansion of New York Jets programming over the airwaves. The Jets will be featured over 10 hours each week, not including the game broadcast, on over-the-air television, cable television and radio.
Almost five hours on television and more than five hours weekly on the radio will be focused exclusively on the Jets this season, with CBS, SportsNet New York (SNY) and ESPN radio all in the mix.
"Our goal is to satisfy our fans' appetite for Jets programming and information both during the season and the off-season," said Matt Higgins, Jets senior vice president, business operations. "With an expanded TV schedule on CBS and SNY and a new audience-participation radio show Monday night on 1050 AM ESPN Radio, there will be more Jets coverage than ever in the New York area, and nationally via satellite."
New to the radio schedule this year is Inside the Jets presented by Coors Light, a one-hour Monday night show at 7 p.m. on 1050 AM ESPN Radio live from Charlie Brown's in Garden City, N.Y. The show, broadcast in front of a live audience, will feature two Jets players weekly.
New on the TV slate is an expanded 60-minute edition of Jets Extra Point presented by New Jersey Lottery, which will air every Tuesday (with subsequent re-airings) on SNY.
The full Jets TV lineup:
- The lineup is anchored by the Emmy Award-winning Jets 24/7 With Eric Mangini presented by Toyota, the 30-minute magazine-style show featuring interviews and behind-the-scenes footage that airs each Sunday morning on CBS (11:30 a.m.).
- Also returning is the Emmy Award-winning 30-minute animated children's show, Generation Jets, which introduces the Jets to a broader audience as part of the Saturday children's programming block on CBS (1 p.m., beginning Sept. 15).
- Sports Sunday, the Sunday night sports wrapup show on CBS, will also feature a Jets spotlight segment every week during the football season.
- Jets Extra Point presented by New Jersey Lottery is a weekly studio-based show that reviews and previews each Jets game. The show has been expanded from 30 to 60 minutes as part of SNY's Jets coverage (Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m.).
- First & Goal with Mike Tannenbaum also returns on SNY, as the general manager gives his take on each game on a 30-minute show airing weekly during the football season (Thursdays, 6:30 p.m.).
- Jets Open Mic presented by Motorolaalso returns, featuring head coach Eric Mangini's news conferences live on Monday afternoon and Wednesday morning during the regular season.
- Jets fans have a place to go on TV after the game ends, as SNY's Post Game Livecombines on-site interviews with highlights and analysis every week on a one hour postgame show as soon as the network airing the Jets game concludes its coverage.
- Jets Nation, the one show that covers the Jets weekly during the off-season, including multiple draft weekend and training camp specials, aired for 26 weeks to keep fans apprised of Jets happenings during the spring.
The complete Jets radio lineup:
- The newest show on 1050 AM ESPN Radio featuring Jets content is Inside the Jets presented by Coors Light, a one-hour Monday night show hosted by Bob Wischusen live from Charlie Brown's on Jericho Turnpike in Garden City Park on Long Island featuring live player interviews. Call Charlie Brown's at (516) 294-7320 for location information (7 p.m.).
- Each week, the head coach will be featured on The Mangini Report on 1050 AM ESPN Radio.
- Each game broadcast on 1050 AM ESPN Radio will feature a two-hour pregame show and a two-hour postgame show. Before every game, tune into Don LaGreca and Greg Buttle for Hennessy Countdown to Kickoff. After the final gun, LaGreca and Buttle review the game on The Fifth Quarter.