The NFL added Jets LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson to the 2010 AFC Pro Bowl roster, replacing Miami Dolphins tackle Jake Long, who has withdrawn from the game due to injury.
The Pro Bowl will be played Jan. 31 at Dolphin Stadium in Miami. Ferguson is the fourth Jets player and third Jets offensive lineman on the AFC roster, joining C Nick Mangold, LG Alan Faneca and CB Darrelle Revis.
Notes on Ferguson's season:
* First Pro Bowl selection.
* Has started 64 consecutive regular-season games and one postseason game since he was taken fourth overall in the 2006 draft.
* The Jets' rushing attack finished the regular season No. 1 in the NFL, averaging 172.3 yards per game (4.5 yards per rush).
* The Jets' 2,756 rushing yards are the highest total in franchise history and the 607 carries were the most in the NFL this season.
* The Jets allowed 52 quarterback hits in 2009, tied for third-fewest in the NFL.
Ferguson is the third Jets offensive tackle to be named to the Pro Bowl and this will be the 10th Pro Bowl appearance by a Jets OT. The others:
* Marvin Powell, five Pro Bowls, 1979-83
* Winston Hill, four Pro Bowls, 1970-73 (Hill also played in four AFL All-Star Games)