Hey there, tailgaters!
With the warm weather quickly approaching, I'm sure you're all looking for new and simple recipes to bring to your next tailgating party. Great news: You need look no further because I have two delicious options, a cheese chili dip and a low-fat guacamole dip, just waiting to be tried.
CHEESE CHILI DIP
8 oz. bar of Philadelphia cream cheese
1 can of chili, with beans or without
3 slices of Muenster cheese
2 slices of provolone and
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
The directions are super simple and fast for all of you on the go:
1. Soften the cream cheese.
2. After it is soft, spread it across your tray.
3. Pour in the chili.
4. Spread across the slices of Muenster cheese followed by the provolone.
5. Finish it off with the whole bag of shredded cheddar cheese.
6. Put it in the microwave for 4 minutes.
7. Serve with chips and ...
If you're looking for something on the lighter side or just want to add more to your big event, I recommend the low-fat guacamole dip. It's one of my favorites and sure to be a hit!
1½ cups frozen green beans, thawed
1 small avocado, cubed
2 large cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño peppers
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
The directions just seem to keep getting more and more simple:
1. In a blender or food processor puree the green beans, avocado, garlic and lemon juice until very smooth.
2. Stir in the peppers and cilantro.
Don't forget, leftover guacamole keeps for two days in the fridge and makes for a great sandwich filler!
These tasty yet effortless recipes are sure to make you look like the next Top Chef. Happy tailgating!