EFFECTIVE DATE: February 3, 2015
UPDATED: August 17, 2022
- Information Collected by the New York Jets
- How the New York Jets May Use Collected Information
- How Collected Information May be Shared with Third Parties
- Suspicious Email
- Social Networking Services
- Mobile Application
- Text Messaging
- Cookies, Similar Technologies, and Advertising
- Links To Other Web Sites
- Protection of Children's Online Privacy
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Your UK Privacy Rights
- International Users
- Dispute Resolution
- Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services
- Contact Us
1. Information Collected by the New York Jets
We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Services, sign up for contests or sweepstakes, attend in-person events, use a forward-to-a-friend feature (if this feature is permitted by the law of your territory), participate in surveys, access various content or features, submit comments or content, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number;
- Unique identifiers, such as a username, password and account information;
- Demographic information, such as gender and date of birth;
- Geolocation data;
- Financial information, such as credit card or other payment information;
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Comments and other information posted in our interactive online forums;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information we collect from you automatically
We may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
- Your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system and version information;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, local shared objects, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information.
We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Examples of the types of personal information that may be obtained from public sources or purchased from third parties and combined with information we already have about you, may include:
Your address information about you from third party sources, such as the U.S. Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud.
Purchased marketing data about our customers from third parties that is combined with information we already have about you, to create more tailored advertising and products.
If you choose to use our referral service ("forward-to-a-friend") to tell a friend about our site or services, we will ask for your friend's name and email address, to send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you participate in a contest, sweepstakes, research study, or email survey associated with the Messaging Service, we will collect basic contact information and any other information you choose to provide in connection with these activities. We will also collect your contact information if you contact us with questions.
2. How the New York Jets May Use Collected Information
We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you via email, push notifications, text messaging, and otherwise about your account, products, services, contests, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- Send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
- Maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- Publish stories, comments, photos, and other information posted in our interactive online features;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Services; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
3. How Collected Information May be Shared with Third Parties
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your information with all members of the NFL family for use in accordance with their own privacy notices, including, without limitation, NFL Properties LLC, NFL International LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Ventures, Inc, Jets Stadium Development, LLC, and New Meadowlands Stadium Company, LLC (MetLife Stadium) and NFL Member Clubs for analytics and marketing purposes (the "NFL Family").
- Select Business Partners: With your permission, we may share your information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. For example, you may be presented with an opportunity to have certain information shared with our third-party business partners when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or elect to receive marketing offers or other information. If you elect to not have your information shared, you will have to opt-out of the sharing in accordance with such contest or sweepstakes. We take measures to help ensure that our partners protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of any information we share with them. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes. Please review the privacy policies of these third parties to familiarize yourself with their practices.
- Third Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: We may use third parties to serve advertisements on the Services. These third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users' online activities over time and across different websites.
- Frames: Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our site. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not the Websites.
- Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
- Other Parties With Your Express or Implied Consent: We may share information with third parties when you consent to such sharing. For example, if you win a contest or sweepstakes, you may be required to consent to allow us to publicly post certain identifying information as a condition to receiving the prize.
- Aggregate and Deidentified Information: We may share aggregate or deidentified information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations.
The security of all information associated with our Websites users is important to us. We exercise considerable care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers or those of our business partners. We have implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the privacy and security of personal information to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. For example, if we collect financial information, we will use encryption software to help protect this information when it is in transit.
The Internet is not a fully secure environment and we cannot ensure the security of any information transmitted to or generated by us in connection with our Websites. Notwithstanding our operational safeguards, there is no guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach. You play an important role in protecting your information by maintaining up to date computer security protections as well as ensuring the security of your computer passwords or other personal identifier authentication mechanisms. You agree that you are responsible for any additional verification procedures that you deem necessary.
5. Suspicious Email
It is our policy not to email you or send you electronic communication to request non-public personal information or account information (such as username or password). If you receive an unsolicited email or other electronic communication that appears to be from the New York Jets, but you suspect may be from another source and might be fraudulent, please contact us at email@example.com.
6. Social Networking Services
We work with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you can use third party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. It is important to keep in mind that any information you share is visible to all participants on these platforms and you should never post any sensitive personal information on them (such as your social security number). These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
8. Mobile Application
If you are a resident of the UK, this 'Mobile Application' section does not apply to you. Please see the information UK Privacy Rights section below for more information on your additional rights.
If you elect to provide such access, we access and/or track location-based information from your mobile device while you are downloading or using our Mobile App or Services to provide you with relevant event related information as well as offers from our partners.
When you download and use our Mobile App, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and operating system version.
If you elect to provide such access through your mobile device, we may send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
We collect your geo-location based information for the purpose of locating a place in the stadium close to where you may be located (for example, food or merchandise vendors or restrooms). We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service. You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level.
We may use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Services. This software may record information such as how often you use an application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where an application was downloaded from.
9. Text Messaging
Consent to receive automated marketing text messages is not a condition of any purchase. You can opt-out of receiving further commercial text messages via the Messaging Service by responding to any of our text messages with any of the following replies: STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT. For additional opt-out information, please review our Terms.
Text messaging frequency will vary. We reserve the right to alter the frequency of messages sent at any time, so as to increase or decrease the total number of sent messages. We also reserve the right to change the short code or phone number from which messages are sent and we will notify you when we do so. Message & Data rates may apply.
We are able to deliver text messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
10. Cookies, Similar Technologies, and Advertising
In addition, we allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, beacons, tags, scripts and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
We may use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity may also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level.
11. Links to Other Web Sites
12. Children's Online Privacy
If you are a resident of the UK, this 'Children's Privacy' section does not apply to you. Please see the information and UK Privacy Rights section below for information relevant to you.
The Services do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information directly from children under the age of 13. If we are made aware we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), we will delete this information as soon as possible.
This Websites are general audience websites. However, we do collect information about children under thirteen (13) only from parents so that parents may sign their child up for certain services we offer, such as the Gen Jets Kids Club or Junior Flight Crew. The information we may collect is a child's name, date of birth, and the address provided by a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and no longer wish to allow your child to be part of the services or wish to delete all information collected about your child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not share your child's personal information with any third party for any promotional purposes. The New York Jets and its affiliates will only use your child's personal information you provide for internal purposes and direct communication. If you feel we have collected personal information from your child directly, please contact us at email@example.com to request immediate deletion of that information. You can find more information about the COPPA at https://www.ftc.gov/.
If you are a resident of the UK, this 'Access / Choice / Retention' section does not apply to you. Please see the information and UK Privacy Rights section below for more information on your additional rights.
You may choose to receive promotional emails, newsletters, and similar communications from us. You may opt-out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or "unsubscribe" link included in the commercial emails you receive. Please note we respond to your opt-out requests within a reasonable time period. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us, even if you opt-out of receiving unsolicited commercial email messages.
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Services, you may request that we update or remove certain information by signing into your account and making the required changes, by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time period.
You may opt-out of location-based services at any time by editing your device settings.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
14. Your California Privacy Rights
15. UK Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the UK, you may have certain additional privacy rights as set out in this section.
How we use your personal data and your rights:
- Controller: New York Jets LLC a company registered in USA (Delaware) with registration number 3134847, and with registered office at One Jets Drive, Florham Park, NJ 07932, United States of America is a Data Controller in respect of the personal data processed in connection with Services. The legal representative in the UK is Data Protection Representative Limited whose registered office is at: DataRep, 107-111 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 2AB, United Kingdom.
- Cookies: We also may collect information automatically through cookies, web beacons, local shared objects, analytics software and other technologies; when you visit or use the Services, having obtained your prior explicit cookies consent where necessary. You may find further information on the use of such technologies in our Cookies Policy, above.
- Necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract: When you enter into a transaction with us, we will need to collect, process and share your personal data. Failure to provide the requisite personal data when entering into such an agreement, objecting to this type of processing and/or exercising your deletion rights may unfortunately mean that products and/or services cannot be provided to you.
- Legitimate interest: In certain circumstances we may use your personal data to pursue legitimate interests of our own, but this is provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. This is on the basis of our legitimate interest to:
- provide you with information and services as requested by you on a non-contractual basis;
- develop and improve our services to you and to our other customers;
- communicate with you and manage our relationship with you;
- administer our websites and applications;
- carry out management analysis, audit, forecasts, business planning and transactions;
- ensure our compliance with applicable laws, regulatory requirements and our policies; and
- deal with legal claims and related administrative activities.
We consider that it is reasonable for us to process your personal data for achieving our legitimate interests, as outlined above, as:
- The processing of your personal data does not unreasonably intrude on your privacy and ultimately benefits you in optimizing our provision of services to you.
- Consent: We may, on occasion, send you marketing messages by email, text message, and post about us and our events and offers where you have provided clear marketing consent. You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or "unsubscribe" link included in the commercial e-mails you receive. You may opt out of receiving push notifications by turning off push notifications at the device level. You may opt out of text messages by texting the keyword STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to Attentive shortcode to cancel. After texting STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT, you will receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that do not include the STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT keyword commands and agree that New York Jets and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. If you unsubscribe from one of our text message programs, you may continue to receive text messages from New York Jets through any other programs you have joined until you separately unsubscribe from those programs. You may opt out of text messages by emailing email@example.com. Please note that opt-out requests will be effective immediately. Additionally, we may, on occasion, combine data from different sources or share your data on different sources, subject where necessary to having obtained your prior explicit consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of this nature at any time.
- Compliance with legal obligations: To meet our regulatory and legal obligations, we may need to process some of your personal data.
Children: We do not knowingly collect personal data of children under the age of 18 in the UK through our online Services. If we are made aware we have collected personal information from a child under that age in a manner that is inconsistent with the applicable regulations, we will delete this information as soon as possible. When we intend to collect personal information from children (for example, in relation to their participation at our Youth Football Camps), we take additional steps to protect children's privacy, including: (a) notifying parents about our information practices with regard to the child/children, including the types of personal information we may collect from child/children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information; (b) in accordance with applicable law, and our practices, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their child/children; (c) limiting our collection of personal information from the child/children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity; and (d) subject to applicable laws, giving parents and/or guardians of the child/children the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and in certain circumstances the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
International Transfers: Please note that we may transfer or disclose your personal data to a recipient in a country outside of the UK (third country), which may not offer an equivalent level of protection. In particular, we may make transfers of data to the NFL Family which may involve transferring your data to and within the USA. We will ensure that appropriate safeguards have been taken (including the UK Information Commissioner's standard contract clauses (as applicable), including the data transfer impact assessment required by them) to protect the Personal Data.
Your Rights: You have various rights in connection with our processing of your personal data:
- Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you, which we will provide back to you in electronic form.
- Rectification. You have the right for any incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we process about you to be rectified.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal data that we process about you, except we are not obligated to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where you believe such data to be inaccurate, our processing is unlawful or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose. Where we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it, we would mark stored personal data with the aim of limiting particular processing for particular purposes in accordance with your request, or otherwise restrict its processing.
- Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Withdrawing Consent. Where we process certain personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent, including with regard to direct marketing. In relation to the consequences of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your health data, please see above under "The use of consent for processing of your health data".
You may exercise these rights upon request, by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by postal mail. In addition, you may also contact our UK Representative "Data Rep" by sending an email to: email@example.com quoting "New York Jets" in the subject line, contacting Data Rep using its online webform at www.datarep.com/data-request, or by post to: DataRep, 107-111 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 2AB, United Kingdom. We will respond to your request within one month of receipt of the request. This period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. We shall inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay.
In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights, as permitted by law. Before we can provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, where there are reasonable grounds for doubting your identity, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request. Nonetheless, verification of identity shall be carried out by cross-checking information we already hold from you.
Retention: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services or when applicable, until you revoke your consent. Afterwards, your personal data will subsequently be erased, subject, however, to any applicable statutory retention periods and unless we require the data for asserting, exercising or protecting ourselves against any legal claims. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Complaints: In all cases, you have a right to file a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. You may find further information on the competent local supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public.
16. International Users
If you are a resident of the UK, you may have certain additional privacy rights as described in section 15 above.
18. Dispute Resolution
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge).
If you are resident of UK, please see your rights to complain under the Your UK Privacy Rights section above.
19.Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services
If you are a resident of the UK, this 'Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services section does not apply to you. Please see the information and UK Privacy Rights section above for more information on your additional rights.
We may use third-parties to serve advertisements on the Services. These third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users' online activities over time and across different websites. The Services may feature Nielsen proprietary measurement software, which will allow users to contribute to market research, such as Nielsen TV Ratings. Nielsen believes that you should have a choice about whether to contribute to our research and insights. To opt out of Nielsen measurement, you need only to activate the "Limit Ad Tracking" (for iOS devices) or "Opt out of Ads Personalization" (for Android devices) option in your devices settings. For web, please visit: http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy to learn more about the Nielsen digital measurement products and your choices in regard to them.
20. Contact Us
New York Jets LLC
One Jets Drive
Florham Park, NJ 07932
If you are resident of UK, you may also contact our local representative please see Your UK Privacy Rights section above.