2013 Cheerleader Auditions
Sign up to audition for the New York Jets Flight Crew Cheerleaders Squad and get ready now!
Audition for a spot on the 2013 Jets Flight Crew Cheerleaders squad and you may experience:
- Dancing on the sidelines at all Jets home games
- Entertaining 80,000 fans on the field at the MetLife Stadium
- Gaining television and media opportunities
- Modeling opportunities with the chance to be selected for our 2013 swimsuit calendar and television special
- Making a difference in the lives of others by getting involved with charity events
- Appearing at Jets promotional events
- Impacting young girls by teaching at our Junior Flight Crew Cheerleaders Program
- Traveling internationally for unique appearances
- Making lifelong friends!
- Having one of the most memorable years of your life!
2013 Audition Information
Online Registration is now closed but Walk-Up Registration will be available for the preliminary round of Auditions. Download and print the Audition Application PDF below. Fill out the application, bring a current photo, resume and a check for $40 to the preliminary round on April 13, 2013.
Preliminary Round (in Lexus Club):
Semi-Final Round (in Lexus Club):
Sunday, 4/14/13 (8:00am mandatory check-in)
Week of April 15, 2013 and April 22, 2013. Details will be given to finalists.
Final Auditions (in Jets Locker Room):
Sunday, 4/28/13 (8:00am mandatory check-in)
*Auditions are closed to the general public (no guests allowed).
- Must be 18 years or older by April 13, 2013 and be a high school graduate or have G.E.D.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation and be willing to travel around the NY/NJ area.
- Must be available to attend all rehearsals, home games and promotional appearances.
To register for the 2013 Jets Flight Crew Cheerleaders auditions, you will need to:
- Complete the online registration form
- Upload a current photo of yourself for identification purposes
- Upload a current resume or list of your performance experience
- Pay the nonrefundable audition application processing fee:
- $25 if you register by March 8, 2013
- $35 if you register by April 8, 2013
- $40 if you register by walk-up registration
- Check that you have read the liability and participation release
*Note: A confirmation email will be sent to you once your application has been processed.
To register for the 2013 auditions by walk-up registration:
- Bring a current photo, resume and a check for $40.00 to the preliminary round of auditions on April 13, 2013. There will be paper application/waivers on site to fill out.
- Upon arrival, join the walk-up registration line for expedited processing.
- Sports bra and shorts
- Skin colored dance tights
- Any type of dance shoes
- Arrive with hair and makeup complete
Audition Process Preliminary Round:
- Contestants check in at registration. Check-in begins for each round at 8:00am sharp.
- After check-in, contestants will introduce themselves to the judges and will freestyle dance in groups of five in front of the panel of judges. Music is provided for this portion of the audition.
- Call backs for the semi-finals will be announced at the end of this round. You must stay until the end of the preliminary auditions to see if you are chosen for the semi-final round.
- Contestants who have been selected to attend the semi-final round of auditions check in at 8:00am.
- All candidates will be taught a dance combination and kick combination.
- Immediately following the teaching portion, contestants will perform the dance combination in groups of five in front of the panel of judges.
- Upon completion of this round, contestants selected to attend the final auditions will be announced.
- Those selected as finalists will stay for a brief meeting with the Flight Crew Director to discuss the final round of the audition process.
- Contestants who have advanced to the finals are required to schedule a 15 minute interview with the Flight Crew Director.
- Sign-up sheets will be available following the semi-final round.
- Professional business attire is required for the interview.
- Each finalist will perform a 90 second solo dance combination. This is the portion of the audition where finalists have the opportunity to showcase their own style of dance and display their individual creativity. Costumes may be worn to enhance the presentation.
- Bring two copies of presentation music on a CD.
- Dance combination taught during semi-finals will be performed in groups of five for the panel of judges.
- Finalists chosen for the 2013 Jets Flight Crew will be announced at the completion of the final round.
- Auditions are closed to the general public (no guests allowed).
- Please bring snack and drinks on audition day.