• Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM EST Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 3:30 PM EST Live Coordinators Press Conference Jets Special Teams Coordinator Thomas McGaughey, Offensive Coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and Defensive Coordinator Dennis Thurman will address the media.
  • Sat., Nov. 29, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

• Tue., Dec. 02, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Mon., Dec. 08, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Mon., Dec. 15, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Mon., Dec. 22, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Mon., Dec. 29, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

Calvin Pryor Reaches Agreement with Jets

Posted Jun 2, 2014

The Jets announced today that they have signed rookie safety Calvin Pryor.

A 5’11”, 207-pounder out of Louisville, Pryor becomes the 11th of the Jets’ 12-man draft class to come to terms with the Green & White. When the Jets selected Pryor with the No. 18 overall pick, it marked the sixth straight year the Jets took a defensive player in Round 1.

Pryor, who was impressive at rookie minicamp, didn’t participate in the team portion of OTAs on Wednesday.

“You talk about a passionate guy and the enthusiasm and everything else — you’ll see it,” said head coach Rex Ryan. “When he gets out there you’ll see it. But yeah, (he) will have a few wisdom teeth removed. So he’s going to miss a few days.”

Labeled as an “enforcer” by Ryan, Pryor carried the nickname “Louisville Slugger” after flying all over the field for the Cardinals. In three collegiate seasons, Pryor totaled 218 tackles, 7 INTs and 14 PDs.

"They brought me here for a reason," he said during rookie camp. "With the 18th pick, I have to come in here and get respect from the older guys and the vets, and I feel like I have to just earn their respect and earn everything. Right now, that's what I'm focused on, just learning the system so I'll be ready to go."

Pryor packs a punch, but he wants to be known for more than just his hitting ability.

“I’m very confident in my ability, first and foremost. I feel like I have the complete package as a safety,” he said. “Most people know me as a hard-hitting safety because I had a few hard hits in college. But when you watch my film, you see that playmaking ability that jumps out at you, a guy that’s flying around and has passion for the game.”